Windows boot manger problem

Manu

Hi,
I am using acer aspire 5920 laptop. When I turn on my laptop Windows Boot Manager appears and says "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File : \Windows\system32\drivers\volsnap.sys
Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt."

I don't have Windows disc. I have tried doing system recovery but it is not working. Is there any way that I colud resolve this problem. Please respond as early as possible. Waiting for the kind reply.
By Manu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Manu, welcome to NST,

Please boot from the recovery disc you've burnt. Go to "Repair my computer" -> Next -> Command Prompt. Use the following commands:

chkdsk c: /r
sfc /scannow /offbootdir="c:\" /offwindir="c:\windows"

Now perform startup repair. Exit the command prompt and click "Startup Repair". It may require that you try it two to three times in order for it to fix everything.

Hello Manu, welcome to NST,

Please boot from the recovery disc you've burnt. Go to "Repair my computer" -> Next -> Command Prompt. Use the following commands:

Now perform startup repair. Exit the command prompt and click "Startup Repair". It may require that you try it two to three times in order for it to fix everything.
Thanks for your reply. I am just going to burn the recovery disc. I am not sure how to burn the files to cd from torrent. Anyway let me try.

You have to first add the torrent to your torrent client (such as uTorrent or BitTorrent), and then use the torrent client to download the actual file...namely, the .iso. Then you can burn the .iso to a CD with ImgBurn.

Hi,
I was following this instructions..........
untitled1-70.jpg

But when I came to step 3 this is what the computer says.........
untitled-90.jpg

How can I burn the ISO file to a cd?................

Addendum:

progress.gif

Looks like it finished downloading. Check the directory utorrent's setup to save downloads in, probably something like your user folder\my documents\utorrent.

Back