Garbled screen on OS X boot

cjermyn

Hi there,

I recently downloaded EasyBCD 2.0 beta 63 to dual boot Windows 7 Release candidate and OS X 10.5.7, specifically by way of the iAtkos v7 distribution. Unfortunately, my retail copy would cause a system reset each time I tried to boot into the setup.

The system is set up with two 640GB drives, both MBR, as follows: Disk 0 contains a 592.13GB HFS+ Journaled Primary Partition with Mac OS installed (and the Chameleon bootloader, which will obviously not be used), a 100MB NTFS 'System Reserved' partition and 3.95GB unallocated. Disk 1 has a 596.17GB NTFS Primary Partition with Windows 7.

Mac OS was installed first on Disk 0, followed by Windows 7 on Disk 1.

Within EasyBCD, there is the Windows 7 entry and a Mac OS entry, under MBR mode.

Upon attempting to boot to this from within the Windows 7 bootloader, I get the following garbled screen as attached (do excuse the poor quality photos), which I am a little puzzled by. When I had it set incorrectly before, it was saying a file could not be found, although set up as is I am getting this.

Could you please advise if you are aware of the cause and/or solution for this?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 6
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 6
Incidentally, the Windows 7 is the x64 edition, and I was able to succesfully boot into Mac OS prior to the Windows 7 install, so it's not a previous issue that is manifesting itself now that I can get back into Mac OS.

Thanks!

Upon attempting to boot to this from within the Windows 7 bootloader, I get the following garbled screen as attached (do excuse the poor quality photos), which I am a little puzzled by. When I had it set incorrectly before, it was saying a file could not be found, although set up as is I am getting this.
Chris
It sounds like you have been fooling around with the settings to your monitor. Try resetting it back to the default, and see if that solves the garbled screen problem. If it was saying before that a file was missing, do you by any chance remember which file that was? It is no doubt the reason why your OS X is not booting after selecting it in the Win 7 boot menu...

Back