2.0.0.93 x64 crashes at launch

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, no effect.

I believe I was trying to rebuild the BCD & MBR on my main disk which is a RAID 0 config. Operating system works fine still.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on Intel Core i7 with 12GB DDR3 in a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R.

Here's reported problem details:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: easybcd.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.93
Problem Signature 03: 4bbf7bbb
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a275e12
Problem Signature 07: 9f0
Problem Signature 08: af
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Hi,

Can you please start a command prompt (cmd.exe) w/ administrator privileges and run

Code:
bcdedit.exe /enum

And paste/show the output here?

Thanks.

I too could not run .93 on Win7 x64. It crashes immediately on open. I am running and AMD quad core on a M2N32-SLI Premium motherboard.

Running the /enum doesn't work for me. I was hoping BCDEdit 2.0 would help be able to rebuild the boot record. The /enum msg I get is:
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The system cannot find the file specified.

How are you booting W7 without a BCD ? Grub ?
Even with no detectable BCD, EasyBCD 2.0 should start and give you the opportunity to select a BCD from a user specified location. (It does do so on W7 x64, my system for example).
If it's crashing without asking you to specify a BCD location, try downloading it again. It sounds like you got a bad download.

No, that error means that it found a BCD and loaded it, but for some reason it's not liking the input.

hello,

For your problem go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\NeoSmart_Technologies and DELETE the folder "EasyBCD.exe_StrongName_ge4xjewlvhidmksvx1etlpptdtrgpnqg" inside the config of easybcd. Solved

That sometimes works. You can actually delete the whole NST folder. Do it with EasyBCD closed and than try to open it.

here

Hi,

Can you please start a command prompt (cmd.exe) w/ administrator privileges and run

Code:
bcdedit.exe /enum

And paste/show the output here?

Thanks.

Sorry about the delay on my end!! And thank you for such a SPEEDY response.
I have managed to reinstall it by doing an "upgrade install" of windows 7 after uninstalling EasyBCD & running several registry cleaners.
It ran once right after I installed it. But I'm getting the same error. It does the same thing in my other operating systems.

I don't know if I mentioned or it should not matter (especially since it's set in BIOS & maintained by the hardware): The disk(s) where these operating systems are running in RAID 0 (at the BIOS not the OS level).

I'm still getting the same error (not sure if I was never able to clear out enough to solve it or if it just keeps coming back- I believe that I was able to launch it a few times initially and what caused the problem was when I tried to rebuilt the BCD store which I did NOT do this time).

C:\Windows\system32>bcdedit.exe /enum

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume19
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {current}
resumeobject {237444f5-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
displayorder {current}
{237444f9-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
{237444fa-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
{23744510-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
timeout 5
displaybootmenu Yes

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows 7
locale en-US
loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
inherit {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence {23744508-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
recoveryenabled Yes
bootdebug No
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {237444f5-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
nx OptIn
pae Default
usefirmwarepcisettings No
sos No
debug No

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier {237444f9-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
device boot
path \NTLDR
description Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier {237444fa-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
device boot
path \recc.bin
description Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console

Real-mode Boot Sector
---------------------
identifier {23744510-4169-11df-a222-d539afa460b5}
path \NST\nst_linux.mbr
description NeoSmart Linux

C:\Windows\system32>

Addendum:

Forgot to mention that even though the last entry shows up here it does NOT show up on my boot screen. Adding that entry was one of the operations I performed when I ran the program earlier- as well as deleting some extra entries caused by running the "upgrade(repair) install" of windows 7. It did remove those...

Addendum:

hello,

For your problem go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\NeoSmart_Technologies and DELETE the folder "EasyBCD.exe_StrongName_ge4xjewlvhidmksvx1etlpptdtrgpnqg" inside the config of easybcd. Solved

Thank you, that one worked for me this time. :joy:

Addendum:

So after playing around a few minutes, I believe that the problem I was having is related to saving/loading my settings. As long as I don't change my settings, or delete that folder then things seem to be OK.
Now for my "real" problem... But I'll search the forum first and if necessary start a new threat.

Last edited:
Back