Dual boot vista with win7

tlzstorms

Hi,

I have an sony VGN-CS52JB that came with pre installed Vista(installed on driver C), and I have installed win7(32bit) on driver G, and both vista and win7 worked well before I format the driver C and re-installed the vista yesterday.

When I start the pc, it start vista automatically without informing me to select a system to boot. And then I installed EasyBCD 2.0 Beta - Build 93 and added an win7 entry with it. but when I restarted the pc and tried to start win7, it failed with an error message some kind of "the \Windows\system32\winload.exe with illegal signature".

Looking forward to your help!

EasyBCD 2.0 latest build
BCD Install/Repair
Recreate/repair boot files
Then delete the W7 entry and add it again if necessary.

EasyBCD 2.0 latest build
BCD Install/Repair
Recreate/repair boot files
Then delete the W7 entry and add it again if necessary.

Thank you for your reply.

I used the latest EasyBCD 2.0 to recreate/repair boot files but it did not work, the same error message was displayed, any other solutions?

If you have tried it to installed many time and you still persist this issue then there is the problem is in that your bootmgr. So replace it. It would be help for installed EasyBCD 2.0.

It(bootmgr of win7 on driver G) is a system file, and I can't replace it and even can't modify its property in vista.

Back