No iReboot Icon In Notification Area

noclaim

I Have Windows XP MCE dual booting with Windows 7 Ultimate. Windows XP was installed on the computer first. I downloaded and installed EasyBCD 1.7.2 for XP but there is no iReboot icon in the Notification area next to the clock.

I created a shortcut on my desktop and I am able to open the Toolbox and view the two entries which are Entry #1: Windows 7 and entry #2: Microsoft Windows XP. I changed the Bootloader Timeout from 30 sec. to 20 sec. and the default OS from Windows 7 to Microsoft XP in the Global Settings window.

How can I create a notification area iReboot icon and select which operating system I want to reboot into.

iReboot is a completely separate program. If you do plan on using EasyBCD you need to get the latest from here. You can get the latest build of iReboot from here.

Justin, thanks for the reply. Just so I fully understand, I install EasyBCD 2.0 first and then IReboot or is IReboot a stand alone program. All I need to do is be able to choose to restart my computer and boot into the other os from a notification area icon. Please give me a little guidance here.
Thanks

iReboot is completely stand alone, separate program. Doesnt matter what order you install in, you don't need to install EasyBCD to use it.

EasyBCD edits the Windows boot options and menu. It has some other oprtions but thats its main purpose. It in itself is not a boot manager or the menu you get when you startup your computer.

iReboot provides a tray menu that allows you to pick an OS from the menu and reboot into it without needing to intercept a menu when you reboot to select the OS.

Justin, thanks again for a quick reply. I downloaded and installed EasyBCD 2.0 Beta and found the settings for the Bootloader Timeout and Enttry Name Changes that were made with an earlier version were retained.

I then downloaded and installed iReboot 2.0.0.19 in Windows XP and then in Windows 7. Both programs are great and I thank you for your assistance.

Technically it downloads iReboot, not installs it. Also its downloading iReboot 1.x, probably better off using the beta which hasn't seen a new build for a month now, so I can pretty much assume its RC too.

@ noclaim: Glad everything worked out.

Technically it downloads iReboot, not installs it.
Yes, currently it does, I think. But I believe I recall CG mentioning a while back that he was going to make it install it, and not just download it. That way you don't have to manually browse to the folder its in, and double-click on the .exe to install it.
Who knows...maybe that functionality is already in. I haven't extensively tested build 100 yet.
Also its downloading iReboot 1.x, probably better off using the beta which hasn't seen a new build for a month now, so I can pretty much assume its RC too.
Right. I agree, I just wanted noclaim to know about the feature in EasyBCD for iReboot.

Clarification: EasyBCD Build 100 should both download iReboot, and when you close the downloader after it completes, launch the installer.

At least, that's what it's supposed to do.

Back