Can you change to the right OS drive?

diurnal

Hi, I have two hard drives on my system and each drive has an OS on it. One is Windows Vista(F drive), and the other is Windows 7(C drive). I deleted the windows Vista partition because that drive is failing. The only way I can boot is to have both drives hooked up. I was wondering how do I get the boot drive just to boot to my C: drive? Do I have to just do a clean install again? Here are some screen shots.
88809201.jpg
Here I deleted the Windows Vista partition.
86451104.jpg
See it trying to find partition F: but I want to delete it, you think I can delete it and it will boot up right (meaning to just C drive)? Also when I just boot with C drive, it will not boot up, and says "can't find boot partition" How do you remove the F: drive partition? Thanks

Last edited:
Firstly, you shouldn't be using 1.7
It was released before W7 and doesn't support it properly.
It also lacks oodles of features incorporated into release 2, one of which will do what you want.
EasyBCD2 > BCD backup/Repair > Change boot drive
Point it to C when asked, then reset your BIOS to boot from that HDD.

Firstly, you shouldn't be using 1.7
It was released before W7 and doesn't support it properly.
It also lacks oodles of features incorporated into release 2, one of which will do what you want.
EasyBCD2 > BCD backup/Repair > Change boot drive
Point it to C when asked, then reset your BIOS to boot from that HDD.
:smile: Thanks Terry60, I updated to 2.01 and did what you said. I restarted my computer and I don't think I had to change up the BIOS. I think it was already set to boot to that drive.

Well I rebooted and it went straight to Windows 7. Wooohooo:grinning:

Back