Wireless Zero Configuration missing - what can I do?

I gather from another thread of yours that this is Vista. That service doesn't exist in Vista.
(SP2 I hope).
Wireless Zero Configuration was first introduced with Windows XP.
In Windows Vista it was renamed to "WLAN AutoConfig". If that's present then try it instead.

An outline of whatever the problem is would help.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
And if you want to use Windows built-in service to connect to networks disable any third party connection managers that you have installed (most of them give you the option to switch to Windows' service).

I gather from another thread of yours that this is Vista and that service doesn't exist in Vista.
(SP2 I hope).
Wireless Zero Configuration was first introduced with Windows XP.
In Windows Vista it was renamed to "WLAN AutoConfig". If that's present then try it instead.

An outline of whatever the problem is would help.

I'm trying to connect wirelessly to the other computers but I can't seem to do that for some reason. My computer has had to start all over again and there may be corrupted files, but in order for me to fix the computer I need connection with the internet. I phoned BT for help - didn't really help [as you can tell]

I do have WLAN AutoConfig
... what steps do I need to do to make the connection with the other computers ?

Yes I do. I also have a computer connected to the router [wired] that runs the internet fine. I cannot connect the wire to my computer because it's too short

Router does not show up as part of "Connect to Network"

Last edited by a moderator:
The router will not show up when you click connect to Network. They never have and never will. They are just the means to connect to the network, they are not part of the network themselves. Just like your car is the means to get you to your destination, not the destination itself.

When you click Connect to network you should see either the router name or the network name you assigned and click on that to connect to it.

Back