(Neogrub) Fedora 17 & Windows 7 DualBoot

Vaalknut

Hi to everyone. After I had some troubles and after noticing some speed differences I decided to delete Grub2 from Fedora 17 installing. Then I tryed to find some solutions for using the normal Windows 7 boot MBR through EasyBCD, but I didn't succeed: I created the Fedora voice in the menu with each one of all the options avaible in EasyBCD, but neither of them worked.

Ah, I noticed that with "Grub (Legacy)" appears a weird grub terminal in which I can write something, but I totally don't know what to do with it.

So, at the end, I decided to use the NeoGrub option (maintaining the Windows 7 boot), but I don't know what to write in the config file, all the examples I found on the web didn't work. So, I would ask you the favour to help me with it.

My configuration is:

HTML:
hd(0,0) Windows 7
hd(0,1) Fedora /boot
hd(0,2) Fedora 17 Partition

All is in the same HD with 3 partitions. Expecially, my problem is finding the directories of "kernel" and "initamfs" to write in the config file (weirdly I have not any initrd but only initramfs in the /boot).

This is my configuration:

Code:
default 0
timeout 20        

title         Windows 7    
find --set-root    /NTLDR      
makeactive              
chainloader /NTLDR        

title        Linux Fedora    
root        (hd0,1)       
kernel        /boot/vmlinuz-3.3.4-5.fc17.i686   root=/dev/sdac
initrd        /boot/initramfs-3.4.0-1.fc17.i686.img

But when I startup Fedora I always take "kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.3.4-5.fc17.i686" "Error 15: File not found". I don't know where is the wrong part.. Help me, please.

Thanks for the attention.

Hi to everyone. After I had some troubles and after noticing some speed differences I decided to delete Grub2 from Fedora 17 installing. Then I tryed to find some solutions for using the normal Windows 7 boot MBR through EasyBCD, but I didn't succeed: I created the Fedora voice in the menu with each one of all the options avaible in EasyBCD, but neither of them worked.

Ah, I noticed that with "Grub (Legacy)" appears a weird grub terminal in which I can write something, but I totally don't know what to do with it.

So, at the end, I decided to use the NeoGrub option (maintaining the Windows 7 boot), but I don't know what to write in the config file, all the examples I found on the web didn't work. So, I would ask you the favour to help me with it.

My configuration is:

HTML:
hd(0,0) Windows 7
hd(0,1) Fedora /boot
hd(0,2) Fedora 17 Partition

All is in the same HD with 3 partitions. Expecially, my problem is finding the directories of "kernel" and "initamfs" to write in the config file (weirdly I have not any initrd but only initramfs in the /boot).

This is my configuration:

Code:
default 0
timeout 20        

title         Windows 7    
find --set-root    /NTLDR      
makeactive              
chainloader /NTLDR        

title        Linux Fedora    
root        (hd0,1)       
kernel        /boot/vmlinuz-3.3.4-5.fc17.i686   root=/dev/sdac
initrd        /boot/initramfs-3.4.0-1.fc17.i686.img

But when I startup Fedora I always take "kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.3.4-5.fc17.i686" "Error 15: File not found". I don't know where is the wrong part.. Help me, please.

Thanks for the attention.

I am not sure it will help but try replacing "/boot" by "(hd0,1)"
And finally boot with the command
boot

Back