Win2K server fails on install

ndugu

I am trying to dual-boot an Asus netbook that has Windows 7 starter on it from the factory.

I have the .iso of Win2K advanced server that I want to add as a boot option.

I have the followed the instructions on using EasyBCD to boot from the .iso on a usb stick.

Everything seems to be working ok, but part the way through the Win2K installation I get a STOP error!

The error is 0x0000007B (0xF2063848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Inaccessible_Boot_Device

I have tried a few different things like adjusting my IDE settings in my BIOS but I am not getting through this snag in the installation.

Is it possible that windows can block easybcd from access to my mbr while setup for 2K is trying to install?

You can't set up Windows 2000 from ISO boot.

Well, that would explain my frustration. I should have asked my question long before I spent a whole day trying to install it... =).

Hmm, I could do a network installation couldn't I? I'm on a netbook and I want to dual boot to Win2K server so I can learn something about a server OS. (and I have an .iso of Win2K server and not something more recent)

Thanks.

There are guides for creating a Windows XP setup USB stick. They should apply for Windows 2000 server.

Back