Boot From DVD

Hi.

I am using Windows 7 with EasyBCD 2.2

I have EasyBCD set up so I can boot from multiple disk partitions - no problem.

I have burned a bootable ISO image (Ubuntu) onto an inboard DVD (drive X). The DVD is hard wired onto my Desktop, i.e. it is not an external USB type.

I select "Add New Entry" and using the Top Half of the screen, I select "Windows 7/8" and drive "X". This does not even appear as an option when I boot.

I then tried the bottom half of the screen, i.e. "Portable/External Media". However, I don't know what to enter here.

The DVD has an "autorun.inf" file.

The BIOS on my system is set up to try booting from DVD first, than Hard disk next. It does go out to the DVD, but the EasyBCD list of options appears next, and booting from the DVD is not an option.

What to do??

Thanks,

M....

Hi,
Correct me if I'm wrong but an .ISO image will not run. It is designed to be used to install a program onto a drive. It is very much like theinstallation disk for any other operating system. If you want to be able to boot that operating system from your DVD drive then you will need to burn a new DVD using the .ISO image as the source. This would then extract and burn the necessary files onto the second DVD. One word of caution, be sure you have enough space on the second DVD for all of the data that the .ISO will place there.
Keep us posted

Hi,
Correct me if I'm wrong but an .ISO image will not run. It is designed to be used to install a program onto a drive. It is very much like theinstallation disk for any other operating system. If you want to be able to boot that operating system from your DVD drive then you will need to burn a new DVD using the .ISO image as the source. This would then extract and burn the necessary files onto the second DVD. One word of caution, be sure you have enough space on the second DVD for all of the data that the .ISO will place there.
Keep us posted

Yes you are correct. What I meant was I downloaded an ISO image, and then burned it onto a dvd using ImgBurn to make the installation disk.

I have dual DVD drives - I had the DVD in the wrong one. I needed to place the Ubuntu DVD into the first of the DVD drives. It then booted just fine.

I am now up and running on Ubuntu 12. Loving it :happy:. A major improvement over my previous attempt with Ubuntu 9.

Thanks for your help.

M...

My problem is: BCD will not accept my "path" info in "Add New Entry" :ISO Image. I typed 'F\:' (extensive research to find proper syntax) which is the correct directory for DVD/CD ROM. What am I supposed to type. I am trying to add "F" drive so I can boot the ISO. This is Windows 7. Help!

Back