Has anyone dual booted Windows 7 (x2)

rluka

Thanks for reading my post: I have Windows 7 Ultimate(64bit) on my Laptop. I added another partition (same hd) that will run Windows 7 Pro(64bit). I haven't tried installing Win 7 Pro yet. Does anyone know if this is possible with or without using EasyBCD? I ran a dual boot system on my old laptop using EasyBCD and it worked great (Vista and XP Pro). Before I posted this I did a forum search and I couldn't find any info about dual booting 2x Windows 7. Your help and experience will be greatly appreciated........Ron L (rluka)

Yes I would imagine so. Mine is slightly different in that I have Vista, another Vista, 7, another 7, then 8 after that.
I have EasyBCD installed on my main boot which is the first Vista and iReboot installed on all of them so I can boot between.

Last edited:
MS will take care of the dual-boot for you.
It will all happen automatically as you install the second W7.
There's no need for EasyBCD, but you might want to use it to make cosmetic changes to the boot menu afterwards.

MS will take care of the dual-boot for you.
It will all happen automatically as you install the second W7.
There's no need for EasyBCD, but you might want to use it to make cosmetic changes to the boot menu afterwards.

Thanks for your reply....Would I run EasyBCD after I set up the dual boot system?

You can do if you wish. e.g. to reduce the default timeout or change the menu name display to personal "friendly" versions, like "My business W7", "Family Gaming W7" etc. but the dual boot will work fine as installed whether you use EasyBCD or not.

Back