windows 8 MBR question

fpsgamer101

i had problems with my windows and linux partitions so i reinstalled windows but gparted in the ubuntu livecd says there are GTP signatures in the MBR and the bios boot order says drive name instead of windows boot loader(also there is no uefi tag probably because it cant read the boot details?)

so i want to completely clear and restore the mbr but i dont know if easybcd has w8 mbr, because it does not say also in the install disk used bootrec /fxbmr already did nothing or is there another tool to completely clean the mbr

the reinstall did not clean it just overwrite so there is a lot of junk in the mbr including the gtp signature which confuse gparted so it cant find the partitions instead it says unused space in the whole drive(but windows disk manager shows the partition's)

thanks for the help.

Sorry, I don't understand. Did you install Windows in GPT/EFI mode or not?

GTP license remnants which seem to confuse gparted on the lifecd

and windows is installed the exact same way first time uefi but now i dont know because it will not show the boot loader it only directs to the drive itself(but it still load w8)

UEFI requires GPT. Bios may be configured to load MBR even if UEFI/GPT Windows 8 is installed.

Back