Graphical boot menu reverts to windows 7 text menu

ginnes

This started after I added an entry for Linux, I have since removed this entry but the problem persists. I seem to remember reading a blogg somewhere that this was a known problem without a solution at the time of reading.
I wonder if this problem now has a fix. My present system is dual booting Windows 8 & XP and appears to be booting from the XP install which is on the 2nd partition of my drive, windows 8 is on the 1st. This worked perfectly untill I added the Linux entry.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks for all the info regarding this problem. "bcdboot c:\windows" did the trick
This started after I added an entry for Linux, I have since removed this entry but the problem persists. I seem to remember reading a blogg somewhere that this was a known problem without a solution at the time of reading.
I wonder if this problem now has a fix. My present system is dual booting Windows 8 & XP and appears to be booting from the XP install which is on the 2nd partition of my drive, windows 8 is on the 1st. This worked perfectly untill I added the Linux entry.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Back