EasyBCD-set boot items not showing up at boot

sgage

I've been using EasyBCD for years, and have never experienced this issue before. It has me totally baffled.

Things have been working fine, and now it's as though the Windows boot process is taking some default BCD from somewhere no matter what I do. I have two items visible in EasyBCD - Windows 7 and a linux. I have it set to a 5 second timeout. Whenever I boot, all the shows in the menu is Windows 7 with a timeout of 10 seconds.

I have deleted linux from the menu and added it back in - EasyBCD reports success, but on the next boot, same thing - Windows 7/10 seconds.

I've also tried resetting the BCD configuration, and recreate/repair boot files. No joy.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'd like to be able to boot my Linux system. I can easily chroot into it and install grub in the MBR, but I'd rather have Windows 'own' the MBR so that hybrid sleep will work reliably.

TIA for any insight you can provide...

Check EasyBCD > Tools > Options to make sure it's not being told to load an alternative BCD to the "real" one.

Check EasyBCD > Tools > Options to make sure it's not being told to load an alternative BCD to the "real" one.

Got it in one! That was the problem - everything's working properly now. Not sure what happened to cause it to be pulling in that old backup store, but I deselected the option and all is well.

Thanks very much!

- Steve

Back