ireboot uefi boot option

I use a screen reader, one of the things I find impossible especially with uefi boards that seem to change the boot order is to boot from a usb/cd etc rather than windows. I seem to remember seing on a webpage that you could specify the device that would be used the next time you rebooted. I think being able to do this would be a good extension to ireboot or easy bcd. maybe being able to change the boot order as well would be a nice feature.

Are you able to use iReboot in its current form with a screen reader and enumerate/navigate its entries?

I use a screen reader, one of the things I find impossible especially with uefi boards that seem to change the boot order is to boot from a usb/cd etc rather than windows. I seem to remember seing on a webpage that you could specify the device that would be used the next time you rebooted. I think being able to do this would be a good extension to ireboot or easy bcd. maybe being able to change the boot order as well would be a nice feature.
Yes it works very well.

iReboot can list devices as well as Windows boot manager entries. EasyBCD 2.2 actually already does that, though 2.3 hides them unless expert mode is enabled - but only on EFI. I'm pretty sure it already does, though?

iReboot can list devices as well as Windows boot manager entries. EasyBCD 2.2 actually already does that, though 2.3 hides them unless expert mode is enabled - but only on EFI. I'm pretty sure it already does, though?

Is there a release date for EasyBCD 2.3? What are the new features?

I have a hybrid EFI board which handles GPT or MBR quite well and all the various Windows versions but EasyBCD will not link into any Linux partition on the disks. All the versions of Mint and Ubuntu load really well and then they are lost.

My board will not support both GPT and MBR in the same bootup. Unfortunately, my board does not support EFI boot from the USB but it does support it from the CD/DVD and Boot-Repair-Disk requires that it be loaded from USB in EFI to work with (U) EFI boards. Tests on the status of whether the board is operating in EFI or BIOS within Linux states that it is clearly EFI. Ubuntu 14.04.2 recognizes that the system is definitely EFI by using Echo EFI or Legacy, clearly "EFI".

In Win 10, some EasyBCD created entries fail to point to the EFI boot loader and point to the regular WinLoad. I use BCDEdit to change them but that is crude, at best.

Thank, I would appreciate any address to these issues.
Dave
PS: iReboot sometimes does not work at all on standard HP Laptops, especially the new HP using UEFI.

It's already available as a Beta.
https://neosmart.net/forums/threads/easybcd-2-3-beta-builds.642/
You should be using it if you have UEFI.
MS will not allow Linux boots through bootmgr under UEFI. Nothing to do with EasyBCD, and nothing EasyBCD can do to circumvent it.
The only way to successfully dual-boot Linux/Windows under UEFI is to let grub take control and chain bootmgr from there.

Back