Using BCD

Sorry if this has been covered but can someone help with how I use BCD (have been using bootitbaremetal). Will be using wind 7 pro and wind 10 pro and possible that I will need wind xp.
Do I have to make partitions first and then load windows, or load one version of windows and then use BCD

For the tidiest final configuration, I'd do it this way.
Format the HDD with a 100Mb boot partition at the front, then empty W7 and W10 partitions, followed by XP
Label the partitions, don't think you can rely on disk letters to identify the correct space during install.
(assuming that XP is least used. Order the other two with the your preferred OS closer to the boot partition).
Set the XP partition "active" and install XP into the partition you've reserved (and labelled) for it.
When XP is running, use Disk Management to remove the disk letters from the W7/10 partitions so that XP cannot see them and destroy their restore points.
Before closing down XP finally, set the boot partition "active".
Install W7 to the partition labelled for it.
Install W10 to its space and it will update the boot files to the latest level and automatically dual-boot with W7.
Boot your preferred 7/10 choice and install EasyBCD
Add an XP entry to the BCD, letting EasyBCD automatically configure. Don't change what it sets up.
You can make cosmetic changes to the names of the W7/10/XP menu entries, menu wait time etc. but don't think that EasyBCD has got the locations wrong and "correct" it.
It hasn't made a mistake, it's put everything where it should be and created the proper chains.

Format the HDD with 4 partitions, all empty to start with, ordered boot first, most regularly used OS next, XP last.
(Assuming that nothing else is going on the HDD)
If you want (or need) more than 4 partitions, you'll need to make an extended partition and create logical drives inside.
(Unless this is a UEFI GPT PC ?)

(Unless this is a UEFI GPT PC ?)[/QUOTE]
Thankyou very much for your help.
Would it be better to set my pc up from scratch to run UEFI GPT it should be capable, then I could have many partitions and I believe that xp will run ok on this (have xp 64bit version if standard is will not run ok).

I don't use XP any more (and mine is only 32 bit), but I believe XP 64 bit can be booted on a UEFI GPT PC, but not something I've ever done so no experience to guide you with.
As a general rule for ease (and avoiding problems) install the OS in the order oldest > newest.
Each newer OS is compatible with previous versions and will automatically update the boot files to dual-boot itself with pre-installed OSs, so you should end up with a fully working triple-boot if you install XP, W7, W10 in that order.
Do it in any other way and corrupted/non compatible boot files will need to be repaired as you go.

Windows XP 64-bit edition actually predates UEFI, maybe Windows XP for the Itanic could boot in UEFI mode but for "regular" PCs, Vista will be the first client OS capable of UEFI boot.

Unless you need UEFI, I wouldn't go that route.

I am back again, started this project above but got sidetracked and ended up using the hard drive in another laptop with bootit. Now have decided to just use windows 7 pro on one laptop but with a few partitions, all with win 7 pro on. I have a new hard drive formatted and load with windows 7 pro ( I have loaded it without win 7 100mb reserved partition, Will this be ok?). Can I load easy bcd onto this 500gb partition and then use the inbuilt windows image maker to create other partitions so they are all approx 125gb each?

Format the HDD with 4 partitions, all empty to start with, ordered boot first, most regularly used OS next, XP last.
(Assuming that nothing else is going on the HDD)
If you want (or need) more than 4 partitions, you'll need to make an extended partition and create logical drives inside.
(Unless this is a UEFI GPT PC ?)
Can you tell me the best way to make extended partitions and then create logical drives inside please. I have EaseUS Partition Manger it required.
thank you for your help

Back