EasyBCD v2.3 does not display all entries

100PIER

On my system Asus Sabertooth x99, BIOS UEFI compliant, I have installed 2 differents version of W10 x64 running each one on a separate internal SSD.
When starting, a Windows boot menu appears and displays 4 entries.
2 of them are valid icons and I can select the W10 x64 version I want booting off.
I can edit these 2 entries via EasyBCD.
When clicking on 'non valid' entries i get an error code.
EasyBCD does not view these abnormal entries.
How can I erase these 'false' entries with EasyBCD tool ?

Do you have a boot.ini file somewhere on your machine?
YES, i have a set of may be similar files you are looking for on C: drive and G: drive.
When booting W10 x64 v1511 from C: system drive I get these attached screenshoots when looking for "boot.ini" pattern.
In this example G: is the second system disk which can boot an 'Insider Preview W10 x64 version (build 14366 in my case)'.
I see some strange additional informations 'firmware..' when "debug" option is selected for 'view' menu.

Attachments

• BOOTini_files_on_C_drive.PNG
    BOOTini_files_on_C_drive.PNG
    92.8 KB · Views: 2
  • BOOTini_files_on_G_drive.PNG
    BOOTini_files_on_G_drive.PNG
    80.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
"boot.ini" is the old XP boot informaion repository (the forerunner of the BCD which came with Vista and all subsequent Windows)
Nothing to do with anything in your searches.
What do these "other" boot menu entries say ?
Can you screenshot the menu ?
What error message do you get when you select one ?

"boot.ini" is the old XP boot informaion repository (the forerunner of the BCD which came with Vista and all subsequent Windows)
Nothing to do with anything in your searches.
What do these "other" boot menu entries say ?
Can you screenshot the menu ?
What error message do you get when you select one ?
@Terry60
I want to send you a set of screenshoots, but at the moment, the "Upload a File" function gets "There was a problem uploading your file" error message.
This is whatever the file format used (.jpg or .png)
Can you help to fix this ?

How big are the pictures ?
Try changing the size (paint.NET is a free photo editor) down to 800x600 pixels.

How big are the pictures ?
Try changing the size (paint.NET is a free photo editor) down to 800x600 pixels.
I know and appreciate paint.NET.
What do you call a "big picture" ?
I have for example a picture .PNG format, 723x617 pixels, with a size of 156 Ko and this one is not accepted.
None upload is accepted by your system.
Is your server alive ?

That was just a punt.
On our previous forum software there was a 2Mb limit. Not sure what it is now, but 156k is fine.
I tried uploading a 6Mb jpg and it seemed fine (I cancelled it with the progress bar at about 10%), so it would seem size is not the problem, but upload is definitely working OK.
Are you trying to upload from your own PC, or could you being falling foul of some group policy against uploading from your location ?

I realize that my Anvitivirus "EMSISOFT Internet Security" does not allow to upload on your site. Do you know this problem ?
I ignore why this restriction because I have no upload problem with any other sites..
So, i have booted a W10 version with Defender only active as antivirus/anti malware solution and I can send you the pictures..

Attachments

• EBCD_warning.JPG
    EBCD_warning.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 2
  • EBCD_Overview.PNG
    EBCD_Overview.PNG
    156.5 KB · Views: 2
  • EBCD_Detailed_View_part_1.JPG
    EBCD_Detailed_View_part_1.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 1
  • EBCD_Detailed_View_part_2.JPG
    EBCD_Detailed_View_part_2.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 1
  • PC_the 4_entries_offered.JPG
    PC_the 4_entries_offered.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 2
  • EBCD_when_Entry_[Windows_Boot_Manager]_is_selected.JPG
    EBCD_when_Entry_[Windows_Boot_Manager]_is_selected.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 1
They're all perfectly normal UEFI boot options (it puts all kinds of junk to do with recovery/fast start etc in the boot options) which you can ignore.
EasyBCD (standard view) ignores them all for you because they confused so many new UEFI users.
Detailed view displays them, but you can safely just forget them.
Don't try "cleaning them up".
Users have in the past and have ended with a completely unbootable/unrecoverable system.

They're all perfectly normal UEFI boot options (it puts all kinds of junk to do with recovery/fast start etc in the boot options) which you can ignore.
EasyBCD (standard view) ignores them all for you because they confused so many new UEFI users.
Detailed view displays them, but you can safely just forget them.
Don't try "cleaning them up".
Users have in the past and have ended with a completely unbootable/unrecoverable system.
@Terry60,
Thanks for your analysis.
So, Windows screen diplays 'good' and 'bad' icons.
It is very confusing to displays icons that I have not to click on !
In my case I see a trace of an USB key (OCZ) I had used to boot Acronis Emergency Rescue WinPE to do a backup operation.
It seems history booting remains in memory somewhere.

Back