Cannot Create Easy Recovery Essentials bootable USB disk (No Emulation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikisken

I'm on Win 7-32 trying to create a bootable USB stick of Easy Recovery Essentials to be used on a Win 7-64 system to repair a partition which gives 0xc000000f after a failed boot due to too low voltage.

I've tried:
Microsoft Windows 7 USB DVD Download tool
Rufus
Yumi
Xboot
Easy BCD

The USB drive is 32 GB stick formatted to default FAT32.

No matter what I do, and which version of grub I choose, the furthest it gets upon booting from the USB is "Boot Type: 0 = No Emulation"

What am I doing wrong?

I think I've figured out it is supposed to use grub4DOS 0.4.5c but even when I use Xboot to select that I get the above error upon booting.

Last edited:
I'm on Win 7-32 trying to create a bootable USB stick of Easy Recovery Essentials to be used on a Win 7-64 system to repair a partition which gives 0xc000000f after a failed boot due to too low voltage.

I've tried:
Microsoft Windows 7 USB DVD Download tool
Rufus
Yumi
Xboot
Easy BCD

The USB drive is 32 GB stick formatted to default FAT32.

No matter what I do, and which version of grub I choose, the furthest it gets upon booting from the USB is "Boot Type: 0 = No Emulation"

What am I doing wrong?

I think I've figured out it is supposed to use grub4DOS 0.4.5c but even when I use Xboot to select that I get the above error upon booting.

Nevermind. I got it working using UNetBootin USB creation program for ISO files. This is to confirm that Easy Recovery Essentials can NOT repair a partition suffering from 0xc000000f.

Glad one issue is sorted out. EasyRE is not meant as a replacement for a system disk - but all support is via email. not in this community.
Email support: EasyRE@NeoSmart.net
Locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back