2 problems

What ISO ?
What are you trying to do ?
EasyBCD cannot be used on an XP-only PC.
It manages the BCD (a feature of Windows from Vista onwards), which doesn't exist in XP.
If you are trying to make a bootable ISO, use
Creating a bootable USB

What ISO ?
What are you trying to do ?
EasyBCD cannot be used on an XP-only PC.
It manages the BCD (a feature of Windows from Vista onwards), which doesn't exist in XP.
If you are trying to make a bootable ISO, use
Creating a bootable USB
I have an offline XP system which runs very well but I have two 8TB disks which XP does not support.
The ISO is Win10PE SE which I have burned onto DVD. It works fine and does exactly what I want but it takes more than five minutes to load.
I saw Easy BCD which stated as its system requirements "Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista installed on the same machine (but you can use it from within XP, too!)" and I thought that it might load more quickly so I decided to try it. But XP would not let me move the ISO to C and EasyBCD would not run.

You can run EasyBCD from any Windows OS (with an appropriate level of .NET), but that OS has to be part of a multi-boot controlled via the Vista -> W10 bootmgr, otherwise there's no BCD to open (hence EasyBCD won't run)
You could try creating a bootable USB3 stick from the ISO (they're pretty cheap if you shop around).
The previously mentioned link will help you make one and it should load up and run a lot faster than a DVD.

You can run EasyBCD from any Windows OS (with an appropriate level of .NET), but that OS has to be part of a multi-boot controlled via the Vista -> W10 bootmgr, otherwise there's no BCD to open (hence EasyBCD won't run)
You could try creating a bootable USB3 stick from the ISO (they're pretty cheap if you shop around).
The previously mentioned link will help you make one and it should load up and run a lot faster than a DVD.
Yes, I thought of that. The problem is that I cannot boot from USB, only HDD or CD/DVD.
I think I've run out of options.
Many thanks for your help.

Ah, the tribulations of running legacy software !
I well remember upgrading my W95 (first) PC hardware and finding to my horror that the OS was mystified by the environment it found itself (unable to run) in.
Had to make an emergency dash to PC World and fork out for Windows ME. (always hated making Bill Gates any richer if it could be avoided)

Back