Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Recovery Discs Download

The disc does several things. Quoted from the article:

The Windows 7 DVD has a complete "recovery center" that provides you with the option of recovering your system via automated recovery (searches for problems and attempts to fix them automatically), rolling-back to a system restore point, recovering a full PC backup, or accessing a command-line recovery console for advanced recovery purposes.
    It is mainly for those that got Win7 on their new PC and didnt get any media. Without such a Recovery Disk if you cant boot into Windows at all, then such a tool is needed.

You could the new EasyBCD 2.0 to fix your boot problems.
    ~Alex~ .:Forum Moderator:..:Guinea Pig for Testing:.
    I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my Spaces page! .
    This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

All your posts are belong to NeoSmart!!

But I don't have a boot problem. What I said was "I got a message when I booted from the disc that my boot blocks needed repair" and I was wondering if anyone knows why that would be the case? Should I let the W7 Repair disc repair the boot blocks, or keep ignoring the message? Should I instead attempt to repair using latest EasyBCD?

General rule of life (especially PCs)
    "If it ain't broke - don't fix it"
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)

Quote Originally Posted by neoslick View Post
    But I don't have a boot problem. What I said was "I got a message when I booted from the disc that my boot blocks needed repair" and I was wondering if anyone knows why that would be the case? Should I let the W7 Repair disc repair the boot blocks, or keep ignoring the message? Should I instead attempt to repair using latest EasyBCD?
    No one can really say why the Disk said this. Maybe it found some inconsistencies in the boot information? Maybe you dont have a boot problem now but you might soon? We cant really say. We dont know every detail about why some of the things Microsoft software says. We just know how to work with it and fix it if it breaks.
    ~Alex~ .:Forum Moderator:..:Guinea Pig for Testing:.
    I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my Spaces page! .
    This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

All your posts are belong to NeoSmart!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry60 View Post
    General rule of life (especially PCs) "If it ain't broke - don't fix it"
    I completely agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mak 2.0 View Post
    No one can really say why the Disk said this. Maybe it found some inconsistencies in the boot information? Maybe you dont have a boot problem now but you might soon? We cant really say. We dont know every detail about why some of the things Microsoft software says. We just know how to work with it and fix it if it breaks.
    OK, I merely asked about it cuz I thought maybe someone here might say "oh yeah W7 Repair disc always does that" or some such.

I'm not gonna touch it for now, as I don't use the W7 repair disc but once in a blue moon anyway. Thanks for yr replies.

Will the System Recovery Disks work with any language of Windows 7?

Yep. You have the option of selecting the language at boot time.

Welcome to NeoSmart Technologies, btw
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Terrific , Mahmoud.

I am sure a huge number of people will be grateful.

No point in having the Vista recovery disc. The 7 one repairs Vista better than the Vista one does.

Try this:

On a Vista machine - write nt52 bootsector code and mbr, and delete bootmgr and the Boot folder.

Run startup repair from the 7 system recovery options 3 times ( same bit version as the Vista installation ) . Perfect.

Link removed - possible security risk - Moderator.
    Last edited by Ex_Brit; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

9. June 22nd, 2011, 02:29 AM

Unhappy problem to download vista recovery disc

Hi all,
    I've payed to download the vista recovery disc, but doesn't start the download from the internet page, probably I was tring to download it after 2 or more days, what can I do to have that for what I've payed?
    Thank you.

Hi Hellad,

Reply to the email you received to request additional time.
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Thank you, for helping me, I've sent the mail rigt now, so let see.

I have a Dell Inspiron N4010 laptop that will not boot using Windows 7. I just want to get back to the original factory settings. I tried booting in safe mode as well as other options i found searching around and that did not work either. I bought the Windows 7 recovery disc, downloaded it to another PC. Downloaded the ISO burner and created a DVD. Placed it in the laptop and restarted hoping to boot from the DVD drive. I used F12 as well and chose the option to use the drive. At first it appears to be reading the drive but nothing really happens. It eventually displays the windows recovery error screen with the options Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally. Either choice - nothing works. Not sure why the recovery disc is not working. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I cannot see how to start a new thread and I am in high frustration mode, so apologies. I have now used three different programs to burn this iso image to a CD and still the non-functional (non-bootable) machine tells me there is no bootable disk. And yes I have been in the BIOS and changed ti so that the CD/DVD drive is the first boot device. I really thought it was 64 bit. Could this be the problem. I need to buy 32 bit? Is there some other idea anyone has as to how I can boot this machine into Recovery? Is it because I am downloading onto a Windows XP 32 bit machine? Thanks!

You could see if the cd boots on another machine - the machine you used to burn th iso for example.

If it does - then the cd is fine.

In that case, problem is with the sick machine - the optical drive, possibly.

You need the bit version that is the same as the o/s on the machine you are trying to fix.

Inexplicably, MS have made the system recovery options bit version specific.

However , both the 32 and 64 bit iso images are bootable - so check on another machine to see if the cd boots.
    Last edited by SIW2; March 27th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Last edited by Terry60; March 27th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)