Thread: Downloading the Vista 32 bit

Default Downloading the Vista 32 bit

Hi, just joined this forum. Can I download the vista 32 bit on our imac and burn it on a CD to run on my screwed up windows machine? Many thanks...

Yep. Use Disk Utility (included in OS X) or Burn (free download) to burn the image onto a CD.
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Default Still a NO GO

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Guru View Post
    Yep. Use Disk Utility (included in OS X) or Burn (free download) to burn the image onto a CD.

The Imac burned the cd just fine (vista 32 bit) but putting the cd into the PC, I get the same old song and dance. "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key-" Looks like pure DOS lingo. Any suggestions before I set it on fire? Thanks in advance.

To make sure - what are the contents of the CD at the moment? What files are on there?

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Like us on facebook!

Good suggestion. Opened up the CD and the download on the desktop and there is nothing on either. WTF?

Sounds like it wasn't burned right.

Like us on facebook!

You are probably right, I'll keep effin w/ it till I get it to work. Thx for your input...

Addendum:

Got the disk burned correctly and have spent the last 3 hours on the PC. The hard drive is most definitely toast. Wished I'd backed up 50% of my 360 Gig HD, Wah....
    Last edited by 3135x; August 31st, 2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automagically-merged double-post.

Try booting the disc into "Command Prompt" and run chkdsk /r against your bad partition.
    If that doesn't fix things, burn yourself a live linux disc and rescue what you can of your data before you factory reset the PC
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)