Downloading the Vista 32 bit

3135x

Hi, just joined this forum. Can I download the vista 32 bit on our imac and burn it on a CD to run on my screwed up windows machine? Many thanks...

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Yep. Use Disk Utility (included in OS X) or Burn (free download) to burn the image onto a CD.

3135x

Still a NO GO

Yep. Use Disk Utility (included in OS X) or Burn (free download) to burn the image onto a CD.

The Imac burned the cd just fine (vista 32 bit) but putting the cd into the PC, I get the same old song and dance. "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key-" Looks like pure DOS lingo. Any suggestions before I set it on fire? Thanks in advance.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
To make sure - what are the contents of the CD at the moment? What files are on there?

3135x

Good suggestion. Opened up the CD and the download on the desktop and there is nothing on either. WTF?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sounds like it wasn't burned right.

3135x

You are probably right, I'll keep effin w/ it till I get it to work. Thx for your input...

Addendum:

Got the disk burned correctly and have spent the last 3 hours on the PC. The hard drive is most definitely toast. Wished I'd backed up 50% of my 360 Gig HD, Wah....

Last edited:

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Try booting the disc into "Command Prompt" and run chkdsk /r against your bad partition.
If that doesn't fix things, burn yourself a live linux disc and rescue what you can of your data before you factory reset the PC