Thread: Help please with BCD

Default Help please with BCD

has anyone come across this scenario I have a acer aspire 5160 that my youngest daughter uses and it quit booting up while i was away on business when i got to it i tried booting it up in safe mode and it stops and hangs when trying to load AVGIDSEH.SYS i have tried the
    avg fix to no avail so i thought i would try booting from a USB using the BCD software to make it Bootable I have both the windows 7 and Vista files because I ordered the wrong one by accident and the group here was nice enough to send me the correct one any way back to the issue when i hit F12 and boot from the thumb drive it says BOOTMGR missing I have follewd the steps 3 times for making the thumb drive bootable and did it very carefully so I now need help from the community it's driving me to drink which sounds really good right about now

Our recovery CD should fix that with the System Restore option.

Did you format the USB from within Windows Vista or Windows 7 before following the USB boot instructions? Is there a BOOTMGR file on the USB drive? (make sure viewing of BOTH system and hidden files is enabled)
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!