0xc000000f error

nemco1

I have a new HP Pavillion computer - 6gig ram-AMD quad core. After installing several programs, i.e. itunes, the system will not reboot. I get an error message 0xc000000f. Through the interface that is on the computer I can reinstall windows. It is Vista Home Premium 64 bit. This has happened 3 times. Everytime it happens I loose what little data & formating I have. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong? Thanks in advance.

There isnt any info on this error from the Microsoft searches i tried. They all showed Server 08 not Vista. In reference to this error the only thing that was stated was trying to deploy a image that was older than the one currently in use.

I have a new HP Pavillion computer - 6gig ram-AMD quad core. After installing several programs, i.e. itunes, the system will not reboot.

If you'll notice I bolded in the quote itunes. Making an assumption here that itunes could be causing your problems.

Reasoning behind the assumption is that when I first got my desktop with Vista Home (32 bit) just over a year ago, I installed itunes and had nothing but problems. Once I uninstalled it, it was better but just wasn't the same. Now that I've done a clean Vista install and no installation of itunes, everything works together nicely.

Later discovered that itunes just doesn't like to work well with Vista. Even though it has been updated and supposed to work with Vista, it just doesn't like to "play nicely" with it. itunes does seem to work well on XP though.

I'd suggest that if you haven't done a reinstall yet, first try to uninstall itunes and see what happens.

If your going to try reinstalling again, I would suggest you don't install itunes and see what happens.

Back