3systems Multiboot-xp and win7 32 work OK, win10 not at all

peterK.

Hi
I have on C: XP , D: Win7-32 and E: Win10-64
I see all 3 at EasyBCD ,
I found and corrected error showing Win10 disk as C: - I changed it to correct E:
..but I'm not sure if bootloaders have correct access lines, especially that Win10 one listed..
/btw it is no option to check or input new one if is error.. /

it looks like this now:
--------------------------
Domyślny: Windows_7_32
Czas minął: 30 sekund
Napęd rozruchowy: C:\

Wpis #1
Nazwa: Windows 10
BCD ID: {81cec681-7084-11ec-a675-bf00890ebdc8} (??? what's this??)
Napęd: E:\
Ścieżka bootloadera: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe

Wpis #2
Nazwa: Windows XP
BCD ID: {ntldr}
Napęd: C:\
Ścieżka bootloadera: \ntldr

Wpis #3
Nazwa: Windows_7_32
BCD ID: {current}
Napęd: D:\
Ścieżka bootloadera: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
--------------------------------------
problem is - I can't start WIN10 - become black screen with rolling wheel and cursor, and that's all -
-tried via boot USB -it can't fix comp, can't start "Safe mode" too, cant reverse-stop "waiting actualizations" as it reports..

I bought EasyRE windows Recovery CD, created (as in infos) USB version, and started repairing WIN10 section...
1/power from "0"...
2/ after boot from USB it came:
unstopped flow of things in"DOS-style" screen of checking, doing nobodyknowswhat, without possibility to "pause" just for read it to know what it does..
..finally screen to select system for action":
boot disk C:
win10 C: (this with extra system-icon but WHY as located at C:?)
data disk
data disk
/it didn't found or displayed another 2 systems installed XP and WIN7-32, only WIN10 ..and placed at C:? ... why?/
soo- no choice - I selected to repair that found Win10.. automatic repair "continue"
after 2hrs waiting with no signs of progress I skipped "Memory Test"
then 1-2-3.. "completed successfully- pls eject CD/USB, exit and reboot"
I ejected my USB - -->error screen "upps...something went wrong, this page doesn't exist" or something similar stupid.. comp became frozen

cold power off, restart all once more... this time same till removing USB - after it started again short "DOS-style running screen", comp restarted..
BUT.. as final result -
YOUR COMP HAS SERIOUS ERROR, needs repair, ERROR CODE 0VC000000E FILE: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINLOAD.EXE can't be LOADED..

maybe any good guy can tell me what to do, to get operating this my Win10? (I have there few registered licensed software, and few plugins to those too - simply I 'm not sure if I'll be able to reinstall, reregister of those, once I've used things as registering serials etc.. (of course - I don't remember, and didn't write down all "connected with" -logins and another things I used during registrations-activations.. and all those are extremely important soft to my work -..

thks
Peter

1) EasyBCD does not make mistakes with the letters
I found and corrected error showing Win10 disk as C: - I changed it to correct E:
Anything you altered will now be wrong.

2) Older versions of Windows cannot boot newer versions
You appear to be trying to boot W10 from W7
You need to install W10 and boot that, then add entries to the W10 BCD with EasyBCD for the older OSs
W10 must be controlling the boot.

If you have problems after that, post again and include a Disk Management screenshot along with the EasyBCD "view settings"

Hi Terry..

1/ I returned to previous "letters" all my changes now are undone..
(incl. 'default selected' boot system to Win10)

2/
You appear to be trying to boot W10 from W7
nope - you see W7 because it is working, and it's 4me only way to do anything at my comp
..this comp had installed a) XP, then b) Win7-32, then c) Win7-64 = it is 'time-sequence of adding systems' ...
it run all together with no problems, via multiboot selection of system I wanted to start and work..
..then I upgraded Win7-64 to Win10.. it worked same way, worked together OK, till Win10 begun with it's "updating-upgrading-actualising without asking if I want and agree.." ... few of them needed restart - (so, sometimes I did restart, but sometimes simply closed system, hoping that all changes 'll be done by next win10 system start..
at the moment I have - by selecting Win10 - it starts with Win10 'start blue "logo"', then become 'wheel of dots' (..working), comes cursor and that's it..
by starting from USB win10 boot it gets 'selections'screen, but reports that comp can't be repaired, or last actualizations can't be stopped or removed,
I can't get into 'safe mode' too,
it offers 'aggressive' ways of actions - starting with new clean installation - but I don't have #serial (it was registered online by jumping from W7-64 to W10
..and I still have couple of professional legal progs and plugins already activated or registered after installing - don't want problems with re'activation' by using same serial#
..was hoping that 'miracle Easy Recovery CD/USB 'll fix it - that's why I bought it ... but nothing..

I attach requested screens

PeterAOMEI PartAssistScr01.PNGDiskManagement-Screen01.PNGDiskManagement-Screen02.PNGEasyBCDscr01.PNGEasyBCDscr02.PNGEasyBCDscr02b.PNGEasyBCDscr03b-undo.PNGEasyBCDscr03-undo.PNG

Sorry, I failed to notice the EasyRE reference in your OP, hence my "EasyBCD doesn't make mistakes" with letters.
I'm not an EasyRE user (I have Installation disks for all versions of Windows so can use the built in repair capability) so can't offer advice on that product.
All support for EasyRE is by email to the address on the download page.
This is a peer to peer forum and very few users offer solutions, mostly just air their problems, and those few of us who do try to answer questions are not EasyRE users in the main. (Despite the "staff member" label - that's just a quirk of the forum software, attached to users with moderator status, we're all just end-users unless you're lucky enough to find the author here occasionally)

no problem Terry... (I think, that I should find my hammer somewhere stored in garage, and "clear my Win10 problems" by that wonderful recovery tool.. ..

If you bought the PC with W10 installed it's most likely that it's UEFI and therefore unable to dual boot with Linux or legacy Windows (earlier than Vista, the first of the longhorn BCD based OSs)
{In the BCD you'll see it's loading Winload.efi not WInload.exe}

Back