64-bit vista boot not working

xation

Hey, I'm having an issue with the vista x64 recovery disk. I downloaded the iso file to the disk, it says it's there on my other computer, but I get to the "press any key to boot from CD"and nothing happens... I just keep pressing it and keep pressing, but same messege appears. I can hear the disk in the drive rotating.

This is my only course of action because, this morning, I was experiencing a movable cursor on a black screen. I then used gateway recovery tool, but while using the tool, after factory backing up, a process was continueing for 3 hours. I thought there was something wrong with that, and I couldn't Alt+tab out or even Alt+F4 out, so I unplugged and replugged the computer in. After that, a install windows window appeared at boot, that again went for too long and did the same course again. Now, when I normally try to boot I get an error with the title "Install Windows" and the messege: "The computerrestarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." After rebooting endless times, I just keep getting the error. I do not have a normal vista disk that came with the computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I can now get to a windows-looking screen, blue background, installing windows. When I try to install, it says some file is missing and to check the installation CD for that file. (E:\Sources\Install.wim) (0x80070002)
- Startup repair has found an issue
-Root cause found: Failure while setup is in progress.
-System Restore doesn't work, just.. nothing happens
-I have no restore points
-Running a gateway, but yet the recovery options for gateway is not working.

Last edited:
You can't use our recovery cd to reinstall Windows.

You need to manually use the command line tools to fix your system (have you tried chkdsk???), use system restore (but you have no restore points!), or restore from a full-system backup.

Back