7Zip not showing up on right click context menu windows 10 pro

whiteheater

I've been using 7Zip for years Had no problems until recently when suddenly 7Zip no longer appears on the right click context menu! I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 21h2 and update windows regularly. That's on my main Lenovo desktop computer.

However, my Dell backup laptop with 7Zip still has 7Zip listed on the right click context menu! I've tried all the fixes I've seen online but none have worked!

I checked and on 7Zip file manager, under tools-options - Integrate 7Zip to shell context menu is checked. Don't like fooling with the registry but if the fix is there I'll give it a try. I do have the latest version of 7Zip too! I've uninstalled and reinstalled it too!dell w7zip.JPG

Ex_Brit

Staff member
It appears OK on mine in Windows10 Pro x64 v.21H2.
I would uninstall 7-Zip then reinstall. That should fix it

whiteheater

These are the 7Zip entries in my registry that I know about. Not sure if there are more. Still can't get 7Zip to show up in the right click context menu even though it should show up! I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. I've tried every step I found online from 7Zip's website and other sites that supposedly fixed the problem but none of them work!
7zip context menu handler registry.JPG

Attachments

• 7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE COLUMS.JPG
    7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE COLUMS.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE fm.JPG
    7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE fm.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE OPTIONS.JPG
    7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE OPTIONS.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE.JPG
    7ZIP REGISTRY SOFTWARE.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1

Ex_Brit

Staff member
This is what Google says:
Step 1: Open 7-Zip File Manager by typing 7-Zip in Start menu or Start screen and then pressing Enter key. Step 2: Next, navigate to Tools menu and then click Options to open Options dialog. Step 3: Here, under the 7-Zip tab, make sure that Integrate 7-Zip to shell context menu option is selected.

whiteheater

Been there done that. Like I've said I've tried every fix I came across including that one. Still doesn't show up and I have no idea why not.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
When shutting down at night or whenever you choose, are you switching the machine completely off? Sometimes that is what;s required to get things working.