Add EasyBCD to dual boot W10 v2004 / W7 sp1

rlaycock

I need several more seats of EasyBCD for a client. Dell Precisions and HP Z440s. W10 installed on new SSD. System boots to W10 dual boot screen. W7 boots normally from there but W10 hangs on black screens only. Restart and chose W10 Adv. Options > run Startup Diag finds nothing > from there "Continue to Windows 10 and all's normal.

My questions:
Is EasyBCD all I need to fix this?
Is it a Boot Sequence issue?
Which drive should be first in the Boot Sequence the W7 or the W10?

Rich

I see this being 'watched'. You see my thread from last November. I need another 4 seats, We're all in one engineering office. I'll put EasyBCD on each. I'm installing new SSDs & W10 v2004 on 2015 Dell Precisions, W7 on SSDs. Of the two I've installed, without EasyBCD, both had the black screen stall booting to W10 from the dual boot screen. One was fixed by running Windows repair 'Keep Files & Apps' from the a desktop ISO. The second didn't get fixed by that 'repair'. I can get it to boot as described with one or two restarts. Once booted the system is fine.
I'll need one of you gurus to explain which process I need to run to rebuild the MBR or whatever. Will EBCD fix it just by running it and setting the Defaults?

Installed EBCD. It had the same problem running it without editing the setup, W10 as #1 and Default.
Set it for W7 as #1 & Default and from the Boot Window it will load into either OS with no trouble.

Back