Add WIndows Recovery?

mtissington

I have Windows 7 installed (with the System Reserved partition)

How can I add a boot option to boot the Windows Recover?

mtissington

Thanks ... it does not work when booting from USB ... I get the message press a key to boot from dvd and then windows generates a fault.

A little more information for you .... the 32-bit repair works great ... again this seems to be an issue with the 64-bit repair crashing.

It starts booting, I get the bar that says it's loading files and then it faults with a msg that it can't find ntskrnl.

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Try copying the .wim file from within both images to the USB, then add it as a WinPE 2.0 entry.

mtissington

Thanks for the idea - same problem, 64-bit version crashes just after "Starting WIndows" saying that it can't find ntoskrnl

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Try extracting it to the same layout that it was on the ISO. (I mean the same folder structure) then add it as a PE entry?

mtissington

I tried that too ... seems to be something funny with the 64-bit version (maybe related to my other issue with not being able to boot the 64-bit setup of windows 7)

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
It's definitely one and the same - the recovery disk is really a stub of the Windows setup, so if you could get that one to work, this one would naturally follow suite.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
It seems to be. I don't think the fault is with EasyBCD, more likely with the Windows Boot Manager itself. I'll test it (too) and get back to you :smile: