Add WinPE to Win8 UEFI GPT but can't boot

Once in a Bios mode , I can add WinPE to Win8 with Easybcd by [Add New Entry] easily. But when I change my Win8 to UEFI GPT mode , I use the same WinPE image and [Add New Entry] with Easyboot , success. But when I boot this WinPE , I encounterd boot error. I know there's difference between Bios and UEFI GPT WinPE , as UEFI GPT WinPE should have EFI and boot folders in it. The question is how can I change my Bios mode WinPE to UEFI mode WinPE. If I can change it , can Easybcd handle it and boot OK ? Thanks for all of you.

Walkthrough: Boot Windows PE from a UEFI-based Hard Disk

I see nothing that the WinPE has the EFI information needed. From what I see in the guide written here, you copy the files and have to store them on the local disk for booting. Hence the commands for winload.efi to be stored in the BCD of the Hard Disk you are trying to boot to.

So if the option isnt already available, EasyBCD will not be able to do it for you. EasyBCD is nothing more than a graphical representation of the BCD. Since the BCD doesnt have it, nor will EasyBCD. Will have to follow that guide to get it working properly.

Thanks for your replay , before I've already follow your mentioned Microsoft Website and try the test. But there's 2 things very strange that leads me to failure. 1. It required a blank harddisk and boot up with WinPE , then use diskpart and a string of commands. And I do this under Win8 OS. 2. I've followed all it's command lines and success for everyone. It's said this time you can boot up WinPE from harddisk. But I found the WinPE partition in my harddisk has only 2 folder ... boot and sources , how come it can be booted. I've try to boot , but there's no WinPE boot options , instead , it booted to Win8 OS directly ??? Any idea ? Thanks

So you know for sure that the WinPE that you are using is bootable? Another thing do you have Secure Boot on?

Thanks for remind , now I've made a brand new UEFI WinPE with WADK and it's bootable. I can see X:\Windows\System32. The Secure Boot is on before. But when I copy everything from the UEFI WinPE disc to a harddisk partition say S: , then I use EasyBCD to add new entry to add a new boot to existing Win8, but it boot failure

Addendum

Thanks for remind , now I've made a brand new UEFI WinPE with WADK and it's bootable. I can see X:\Windows\System32. The Secure Boot is on before. But when I copy everything from the UEFI WinPE disc to a harddisk partition say S: , then I use EasyBCD to add new entry to add a new boot to existing Win8, but it boot failure

Back