Added HD, W7, Getting The "Boot Mgr Missing" error

PFirefly

Hello all, PFirefly here............ up to my mental elbows in crocs and ali-gators. As the thread says, I am not able to get logged on with a new HD, an added HD exact GB's as the OS, W7 is on. I've read alot of good things about this program and the forums and was hoping I could be walked through the fix, other than putting in the W7 install disc every time I need to boot up. I'm not running a RAID array, I just need the extra Giga-bedbug bytes. I am hoping someone could walk me through or I'll have the go the external HD route.

One thing that is strange though, when I first installed the HD it booted right up with no problems. As McWatt would sing in "Catch 22" "Oh well what the hell". I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Hope you have a safe and blessed weekend !!!

PFirefly

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi PFirefly,

Welcome to NeoSmart.

Sounds like your BIOS is configured to boot from the wrong hard drive?

PFirefly

Thank-you for the welcome. It is much appreceiated. I don't think that's the problem. I have gone into BIOS and switched boot order and it didn't help. I sure hope in Service Pack 1 Microsoft will address this issue. It shouldn't be that hard to add an extra HD to your computer.

Thank-you for the heads up and I will see what different boot orders I may come up with and if I fix it I'll be sure to post them, nez pas???

Have a blessed weekend,

PFirefly

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Please post a Disk Management screenshot. (details in the sticky)