Addendum?

nick

I have seen this word used a lot here, is it a replacement for the word EDIT like you see on other fourms? :booyah:

If you click edit, it lets you change the entered text and puts a discrete edit footnote if you enter a reason.
If you make a second post before anyone has replied, it will add the second post to your first as an addendum, rather than creating an extra post.

From Merriam-Webster's dictionary:

Main Entry:
ad·den·dum
Pronunciation:
\ə-ˈden-dəm\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural ad·den·da \-ˈden-də\ also ad·den·dums
Etymology:
Latin, neuter of addendus, gerundive of addere
Date:
1 : a thing added : addition
2 : a supplement to a book —often used in plural but singular in construction

If you click edit, it lets you change the entered text and puts a discrete edit footnote if you enter a reason.
If you make a second post before anyone has replied, it will add the second post to your first as an addendum, rather than creating an extra post.

I understand that, but why not just say edit ?

Addendum is more along the lines of a double post that is merged. But done automatically unlike TF where us Mods have to do it.

Here Double posts will be auto merged for a certain period fo time so that we dont have to merge them. After that time they will then become double posts.

That is why Addendum is used. Cause it is a addition to the previous post that wasnt though of and instead of editing they just posted again.

I see I see, double posting annoys me too, people are so concerned about fixing their stupid computer which they broke in the first place that they miss the edit button and end up making helpful foke like us scroll even more down the page :frowning:

Back