Anyone using Windows 8?

Isn't that 7.95 Terry? I'm using Win 8 Pro w.MC x64 but it's not my main system. I multi-boot Vista/7 and 8.

I've been permanently switched to W8 (minus Metro, plus Classic Start Button) as my production OS for a couple of weeks now since I got WMC customized with Media Browser, My Channel Logos and Media Center Master, but there is one minor fly in the ointment.
Recordings made through the sound-card are unpredictably unreliable.
On W7 the same hardware, same drivers make perfect recordings using Audacity (same app), but on W8, the recordings, more often than not, will suddenly distort in a horrendous ear-splitting cacophony somewhere in the middle of the recording, for an indeterminate length of time, and then be all sweetness and harmony again.
It means that every recording has to be listened through in its entirety to verify that there's nothing wrong, which is totally unacceptable.
I'm going to have to go back to W7, note down every last setting of every element of the sound chain, compare it to W8, and if I can't get it to record reliably, I'll have no option but to abandon W8 yet again.
I left it for a couple of months till Media Browser was ready to support it (a sine qua non), because the PC's use as a media controller is central to my use of it.
If I can't get W8 to work reliably with my sound hardware/software, it's another show stopper.

Back