AT MY WITS END....which wasnt too far, considering ....lol

Ok. So I have an HP Touchsmart 610. Yes, its old. And yes, so am I. You just wait till you are 51, sucks. So heres my issues. About 3 months ago, I installed a hard drive and max memory in this PC. I was good at putting in hard drives in regular towers. This one had to watch some videos. But I did it. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. Power goes out. PC is on a surge strip. But it only goes through the boot process and gets stuck trying to load Windows, task bar is just flashing over and over. But nothing. I have nothing on this PC to save or that I care about. All I know is that Geek Squad looked at my error code and did not even connect the computer. Just says, GET A NEW ONE. I got error code 0xe0eff000e.

I have tried making recovery disks from easyRE for Windows 7 and 10 (since I wasnt sure what I needed). I bought the PC with 7 (the tips on the website says to go by the sticker) but then I get an email from a support person that says I need a disk for Windows 10. Please dont get me wrong, I am not complaining about the reps. I just dont know how to propery say what my issues are. What I do know is that I simply dont have the memory in my own brain or the knowledge to completely understand how I need to go about this.

But I came home and FINALLY was able to burn a copy of the 7 and 10 versions. I have only tried the 7 version and then had the same problems as another user. I am totally stealing his post right now and I hope thats ok, but I did re-word a couple things just to make sure I dont get charged with Plagarism. LOL

OP forgive me for being lazy but heres my problems now, ATM:

I purchased the EasyRE Recovery Disks because my Windows 7 Installation is not booting. When I got to your repair screen and saw the option for the automated repair, I literally did the happy dance!!!

When I load EasyRE and try the automated fix feature, it recognizes3 partitions (a boot partition and 2 others). When I try to select automated repair on any of these partitions, I get a message saying the partition does not contain a valid Windows installation. When I try the system restore button on any partition, it says the selected partition cannot be restored with this repair CD,

HELP! We are on a fixed income and I really dont want to even think about buying a new PC if I can fix it with this service!! I appreciate any and all suggestions and advice you all can share!

Be safe and happy holidays!

Back