Automating AutoNeoGrub0.mbr generation

marcolefo

Hello

All my computers are dual boot XP/Debian5. I use clonning (ghost/systemimager) in order to deploy the OS.

I am going to upgrade them Win7/Debian6. And I will use installation (MDT & WDS/Debian FAI) in order to deploy the OS.

Of course the problem is about grub :wink: And I found EasyCD. It's working great ! I can use the windows boot manager in order to boot on grub and linux.

But I have 100 computers and I would like to automate that. I know that I can't launch EasyBCD with commad line but can I generate the AutoNeoGrub0.mbr without launching easybcd ?

If I could it would be great :grinning:

Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english

Hello Marc,

There is no way to automate EasyBCD operations.

However, we do offer custom BCD deployment solutions that can be tailored to your needs, including automation of any EasyBCD task.

Waouh fast answer :smile:

However, we do offer custom BCD deployment solutions that can be tailored to your needs, including automation of any EasyBCD task.

Great ! How can I do to find these deployment solutions ?

Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood :smile:

I think, it would be cool to be able to use EasyCD from command line.

In my case, I would use it in a sequence task of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. After win7 deployment :
- Generation of AutoNeogrub
- Creation of a new entry in the BCD store

Oh yeah, it would make my life better ! So please, if you can, develop it :grinning:

Thanks for your work, EasyBCD is already great.

Back