AutoNeoGrub2.mdr error

Héron

I would install linux and Windows 8 in dual boot on Toshiba satellite z930. I follow the tutoriel http://denisrosenkranz.com/mettre-en-place-un-dual-boot-Windows-8-ubuntu-12-04-lts-avec-easybcd/ . When I restart my computer. I can start Windows 8, but if I want to start Linux, I have the message : "Window faild to start. To fix the problem : [...] File : \NST\AutoNeoGrud2.mbr Status : 0xc000000f info : The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.". The file C:/NST/AutoNeoGrud2.mbr exists. I make a test with Linux secure 13.04 64 bits and obtain the same result.

Due to limitations imposed by Microsoft, it's no longer possible to boot into a 3rd party OS via the Windows boot manager if EFI is enabled.

Your options would be to use GRUB2 as the default bootloader and let it boot you into Windows or Linux, or disable EFI and use EasyBCD to let the Windows bootloader support both systems. Disabling EFI may prevent Windows from loading if the legacy boot files aren't also present (though that normally can be fixed via Startup Repair).

Back