Beta Question

VideoRoy

Hi, Newbie here.

I learned about this product from the Fedora forums and just one question at the moment. If I install and use the 2.0 Beta, will I be able to upgrade it to the released build when it becomes available?

I am going to dual boot Win7 / Fedora 12 and from what I have read F12 is still using the older grub so the 1.7x product would probably work but I was not sure about running it on Win7 since it is a fairly new release.

Any help or advice appreciated.

The final build of EasyBCD 2 is far off right now. There are some aspects that are stopping it from going final at this time and until they can get worked out and finalized it wont be released.

But there isnt going to be a update process. Just uninstall the old build through Add/Remove programs and install the new one. should take about 3 minutes at most to accomplish.

The final build of EasyBCD 2 is far off right now. There are some aspects that are stopping it from going final at this time and until they can get worked out and finalized it wont be released.

But there isnt going to be a update process. Just uninstall the old build through Add/Remove programs and install the new one. should take about 3 minutes at most to accomplish.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I now realize that was a silly question but I was not quite sure how the program was worked. After reading some more I think understand. EasyBCD is just configuring the boot loader and you do not actually use the program in the booting process once it is configured, correct?

I just did not understand exactly how it worked.

Thanks for your help.

"EasyBCD is just configuring the boot loader and you do not actually use the program in the booting process once it is configured, correct?"

Correct

You don't even need to uninstall an old release or build.
Installing a later version will ask you if you want to uninstall the previous version and do it for you.

Thanks Terry. I am successfully up a running without too much trouble.

Nice application!

One very minor note on your online docs, the Fedora specific guide might be a little out of date on the screen shots. Some of the choices are different and the sequence seemed different for the Fedora side of things. It was helpful, but with Fedora 12 there are a couple of places I could have made a wrong turn.

I know Linux is a moving target so take the comment for what it is worth :smile:

We'll definitely update the guides in the wiki to reflect the newest versions of Linux and Mac as soon as we get the chance.

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you got your system going :smile:

Back