Big recovery problem

2007eng

Hi guys
I have HP G6060EA Notebook PC with Vista
The problem is my brother downgrade the vista to xp, and I search for the drivers and I couldn't found it.
But the recovery partition is still appear and I found a very big file "BASE.WIM" with 9.5 GB. I think it is the recovery file.
The question is: How can I use this file to recover my Vista System ?
I want Your Helping as soon as possible to solve this problem that i effect in my work.

Hello,

Try hitting F12 at boot to get into the Recovery partition to start the recovery.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

You will have to contact HP then to see how to restore to factory settings. If they did not make it so that F11 or F12 could get you into the Recovery Partition to go back to default settings then something else must be done that they will tell you.

Cheers,
Mak

Ok I did this also , all HP instructions depended on the recovery CDs or how to backup the data to the recovery CDs.The concolusion is all there supports needed windows Vista.

Hello,

That is bunk. There has to be a way to restore factory settings. You might have to contact them again and get a set of the media. Might cost you some money. But that is your only hope.

Cheers,
Mak

You are wright Mak this is the final solution, I want first trying to get the benifet from that 9.5GB recovery file, if not = get CDs from hp.

I had the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv6647eo, except that I HAD made the required recovery discs right after first booting my laptop. The recovery discs did not, however work, jan the computer claimed something like "This system cannot not be recovered wich discs". I phoned HP help desk, and they promised to send me a recovery kit free of charge, because I has made the recovery discs, useless as they were. I'm expecting my recovery set any day now. Interesting to see whether it works. This took place in Finland.

Hello Gunnar46,

Thanks for the input. Please stop back after you get the media and let us know if it worked.

Welcome to NST!

Cheers,
Mak

Back