Blue Screen Error

A2ZPearl

hi to all

i got Dell inspiron 1525 2.1ghz, 1gb ram, laptop with vista home basic. Im getting blue screen different errors peauth.sys, bad_pool_caller etc:x. im frequently updated the widonws but im not able to completely download SP1.
i ve run Memtest for 3-4 hours but no error was detected.

Please can anyone help me out where is the problem. and why im getting blue screen error, this is new laptop. :frowning:

im attaching zip file for minidump, i dont have bit idea of it. as i came to know from other user's thread that this might help in solving the problem.

best regards,

plz plz some one help me. im very upset:frowning::frowning::frowning:

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    102.3 KB · Views: 8
You say you're not able to completely download SP1.
Do you mean that you attempted to install SP1, and it failed before completing the Update ?
If that's the case, then you might have a corrupted installation and should try using system restore to take you back to the point before SP1 update started, then try running SP1 update again.
When SP1 is running, a few of us had it appear to hang just before completing. In fact, the screen and keyboard had locked up, but the update was still carrying on invisibly. If that happens to you - go make yourself a cup of tea, read a magazine and leave the system alone for 1/2 hour, until you can't hear any more noise from the hard disks and you're pretty sure that it's stopped doing anything.
Only then should you hit the reset button to reboot, and if you're lucky like me, the newly updated system will boot successfully.

You say you're not able to completely download SP1.
Do you mean that you attempted to install SP1, and it failed before completing the Update ?
If that's the case, then you might have a corrupted installation and should try using system restore to take you back to the point before SP1 update started, then try running SP1 update again.
When SP1 is running, a few of us had it appear to hang just before completing. In fact, the screen and keyboard had locked up, but the update was still carrying on invisibly. If that happens to you - go make yourself a cup of tea, read a magazine and leave the system alone for 1/2 hour, until you can't hear any more noise from the hard disks and you're pretty sure that it's stopped doing anything.
Only then should you hit the reset button to reboot, and if you're lucky like me, the newly updated system will boot successfully.

i tried thrice to update windows 2 times it failed and third time i go the same Blue screen error. after updating SP1 blue screen problem will be solved or not? :frowning:

whats the solution for kernel load ?

If you can't get into Vista system restore (PF8 as you boot ? or boot the Vista DVD if you have one and select the restore to a previous restore point option), then you'll have to do as Mak says and do a full factory restore to how your system was when you bought it, using the instructions that came with it.

Restoring to the factory image well not fix the problem. You well still not be able to upgrade to Vista SP1. Unfortunately, the images Dell preloads on its machines as well as its upgrade discs have had some issues. The only way to get everything working smoothly is to re-install Vista from the OS DVD. I have the same system, so I know more then likely yours came with one unless you didn't purchase directly from them.

Dell's did not have a disposition to not load SP1. My Inspiron 1501 loaded SP1 first try with no errors.

If the computer couldn't be upgraded to Vista SP1 in the first place because of corrupted files and other issues, then doing a factory restore is pointless because it'll leave you with the same issues.

Dell for pre-installations of Vista on the machine well install the factory image partition as well as option to start from it within Vista's recovery options. I've done a factory image restoration on my desktop when I was having the problems I described in http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2140 to find that I still had issues and still could not upgrade to Vista SP1. A clean installation from the OS DVD has left my computer running as if it were a brand new machine (fast and not cluttered). I have yet to recieve any BSODs and have Vista SP1 applied.

I have also used the upgrade DVDs from Dell before to upgrade a pre-installed XP machine to Vista and am currently expercing the same symptons that can be found here: http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2188.

This laptop is new i bought 2 weeks back, as i started for the first time after few minutes i got the BSOD with dumping physical memory. then after few days it didnt appear but from last 2 days it is coming frequently.

last night i done the system restore and then for the final time tried to download SP1. Fortunately it was successful. But my question still there. Will it going to solve Bule screen error or not? and what about the Kernel ..i dont have bit idea about it what is it and why it was not loading...

i really appreciate all of you for your prompt replies..

Now I havent ran a factory restore image on my laptop, paticually because I just did a fresh install straight away from day one and haven't had problems since, so I'm glad to hear that SP1 installed okay. However, don't rule out that the other issues may still be related to problems with the factory image.

For all of those close observers, I say may not is. I'm not saying that all machines pre-installed have problems. It's just i've noticed them first hand.

The orginal motherboard of my Dell desktop was a lemon and caused many BSODs to occur. All of my problems were solved with the new motherboard + clean install using the DVD. A lot of the time I was doing the same things (like starting Windows). So doing a fresh install should verify what is causing it.

A factory restore of the PC is what Dell well tell you to do when you call, so if your still expericing issues after doing one yourself, your best bet is to re-install using the Vista DVD to make sure it is not your hardware that is causing the BSODs to occur.

If you've determined that you still have problems after a clean installation, tough it out with Dell's support proccess until they troubleshoot which component is failing to replace it. Unless you selected another option, you should have at least a year of coverage from material/hardware defects.

Last edited:
Mak, you're doing the analysis wrong..

A2ZPerl, there's nothing wrong with your kernel!!!!

Addendum:

It looks like a version of the Daemon Tools driver has been causing your BSODs, including the one two weeks ago when you first bought your PC - did DT come with your Dell, or did you install it?

Last edited:
Glad the system restore sorted you out. I've always been a fan since they first included it in Windows ME, saved my life a few times now.
Hopefully, your problem was just due to a screw-up in the first SP1 try, and now it's successfully completed your life will go back to normal.
Come back and let us know if you get any other problems, and we'll try to help out again.

Mak, you're doing the analysis wrong..

A2ZPerl, there's nothing wrong with your kernel!!!!

Addendum:

It looks like a version of the Daemon Tools driver has been causing your BSODs, including the one two weeks ago when you first bought your PC - did DT come with your Dell, or did you install it?

I opened the files with WinDBG.:x I dont get it. Why did it not show me what was really going on. I just get the same output whenever i open the files.

Sorry that was my bad. I will haev to see what is going on with my system why it is not opening the minidump right.

:SWhat are DT? i dont know what they are and used for?

please forgive me for my ignorance. How to uninstall DT?

please help me yesterday i successfully updated SP1. i thought my problem will be solved but i was disapointed that i got same BSOD twice today :frowning:.

Daemon Tools.

See if it's listed in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel.

Funny that Dell ships its PCs with DT though...

thanks for prompt replies

i checked in vista programs & features.. there isnt any Daemon Tool. Can it be possible that this problem is caused by antivirus. i have macfee antivirus which was with system .

My apologies - MFEHIDK.SYS is McAfee, not Daemon Tools.

I assume McAfee came with your system? This makes more sense!

Back