Blue Screen of death

mayrbek

hey all i got a big problem with my Acer Aspire E500 PC if i i start or put the installation cd's into mr drivers i ged the blue screen of death with the error STOP 0X0000C1F5 i tried evrything nothing helps can you pelase help me i too tryed Windows Vista Recovey of Neo Smart it doesn't help

Hi mayrbek, welcome to NST.

Are you trying to boot from the discs when this happens or are you attempting to run them from within Windows?

If it's the former, then you've got some faulty hardware that's preventing anything from properly.

Microsoft don't seem hopeful about you getting your system back easily.
SYMPTOMS

When you start a Windows Vista-based computer, you receive the following Stop error message on a blue screen: 0x0000C1F5

CAUSE

This issue occurs because the Common Log File System (Clfs.sys) driver does not fix the $TxfLog file when the file is corrupted. In addition to the Stop error message, Windows Vista may not start during startup until the offending disk is removed from the computer.
WORKAROUND

To work around this issue, use one of the following methods.

Method 1

If you have multiple disks installed, and the disk on which the $TxfLog file is corrupted does not contain Windows Vista, remove the offending disk from the computer.

Method 2

If you have only one disk installed, and if you have access to Windows XP or Windows 2000 installation media, restart the computer by using the Windows XP or Windows 2000 installation media. Next, format the offending disk, and then reinstall Windows Vista.

Note Microsoft is working on a fix to prevent this problem.

i got something i can press alt and F10 then i ged Acer Erecovery but then i need to write a password and i dont know the password

Without a password you probably won't be able to get very far...

I'd call Acer support if I were you, and ask them what the default password is (assuming you hadn't changed it).

Most recovery partitions don't require passwords. Then again, the recovery partition I had on my pre-installed Vista machine required a password as well. In this case, it is asking for the Administrator account's password for the Windows installation you currently have on the drive. Kinda stupid of them to require it if you ask me. If you don't know it, then best contact your OEM for assistance.

Back