Boot file installed unintendedly on HDD instead of SSD !!

oni3

Hello,
Actually, I used EasyBCD 2.3 and it is really amazing and useful, but unfortunately my problem still not resolved!
May be you can help out, I will explain briefly:
I was using dual-boot Win XP and Win 7 on the HDD, but now upgraded to SSD with Win 7 installed for boot, I don't use the HDD any more just put it as a second boot option after the SSD.
I wanted to install Win 10 alongside Win 7 on the SSD and have a dual-boot option, so I boot from memory stick which has Win 10 on it and installed it on a partition on the SSD, everything went fine... but the surprise was when I boot I discovered that the boot file was installed on the HDD and not the SSD. I have now 3 boot options: Win 10, Win 7 and Win XP, but to use this I have to boot from the HDD which I don't use much often!! So when I boot from the SSD I only have Win 7 !!
The installer of Win 10 literally ignored the SSD and installed the boot on the HDD!! Why is this happened?
I was trying to use your application to manually create a dual-boot on the SSD for Win 10, but when I do this Win 10 does not boot!! and says that \system32\winload.exe is not valid or corrupt file.. something like that!
May be there is an option in EasyBCD to transfer the boot file from place to another, so I can transfer it from HDD to SSD, but I don't think this will work and don't want to mess the boot on the SSD and get into trouble!!
I am stuck and thinking of re-installing Win 10 but with the HDD unplugged!!
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

Windows installer (from XP to W10) will always put the boot files on the "active" partition of the first drive in the BIOS boot sequence (on BIOS/MBR PCs)
Older Windows (from Vista to W10) cannot boot newer (invalid digital signature of the newer winload to the older bootmgr)
You must boot W7 from W10 (fully backward compatible) not the other way round.
You can use EasyBCD to copy the boot files from one place to another
Changing the Boot Partition
It's non-destructive (doesn't change/remove the existing boot files, merely copies them). Don't forget to change the BIOS boot sequence or it will continue to boot from the old location. (It's all untouched)
If your PC is UEFI/GPT, things are different.

Back