boot manager manager

tobez

hi i tried a factory settings recovery and in d process my bro forced a shutdown.when i turned on d pc boot manager was missing.i got a windows 7 installation disk and attempted a system repair but it couldnt repair automatically.pls help me out i need this system urgently

If you used a retail disk, you probably did damage that now cannot be repaired. Running Startup Repair or any of the various bootrec options from that DVD most likely destroyed the proprietary MBR placed there by the manufacturer to allow access to the recovery partition. The only disk you should use is the one licensed to the manufacturer.

What exactly happened when you attempted the repair?

One thing that has worked for some people is trying to boot the recovery partition directly, bypassing the MBR. You can do that with the following CD or USB key. On the main menu when you boot it, there is a menu entry for extras that includes both the Super Grub Disk and the PLoP boot manager. Try PLoP first. It will list all the bootable partitions on your drive in a menu and you can try them one at a time if you can't tell which is the recovery partition (often the first entry in Linux format, like "sda"). If you have no luck, try the SGD. It also has options for booting partitions directly.

chain.jpg

Parted Magic disk partitioning, PC repair, and file recovery tool (Bootable CD or USB image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.
chain.jpg

Back