boot manager

JAdair

I'm using version 2.1 BCD in windows 7, I have all 4 os's listed but when I boot from boot manager there is one that will not boot, the other 3 are ok. Can someone give me some light on the subject ,what do I need to edit or change? Thanks

Last edited:
What are the 4 OS's you have installed and which is the one that will not boot? We can't help if we are not giving this information. We do not know what you have installed nor what is working to be able to even start to assist you.

What are the 4 OS's you have installed and which is the one that will not boot? We can't help if we are not giving this information. We do not know what you have installed nor what is working to be able to even start to assist you.

I have windows XP Pro, Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Home Premium. First 3 boot fine and the later windows 7 Home Pre does not.

The entry does have the correct drive letter, it is seeing it as drive G: and that is whats listed in easy BCD 2.1 however it still will not boot from boot manager? I have deleted the entry and re-created it a couple of times. Does it make any difference what # of entry it is in the list of BCD?

It starts to boot with the name windows and the four small colored dots start to appear then it goes black screen and re-boots to the boot manager screen again.

That's nothing to do with EasyBCD or the bootloader. It's a BSOD. Hit F8 instead of enter when picking it from the menu, and choose "disable automatic restart on system failure"

That'll make the Blue Screen show and give you an error code you can use to diagnose the issue.

Back