Boot Menu for BCDedit

Tayhull

Hi,
I recently installed bcdedit 2.0.2 on an XP installation that has Windows 7 on it as well. I am trying to get my dual boot menu up and working. The first thing I noticed is that instead of acknowledging Windows XP for the boot-able drive it calls it Windows 7. I added Windows 7 to the boot-able drive by going to "Add New Entry" and and selecting windows 7 on the C: partition which is where it is, and then going to "Bootloader Setup" and clicking "install the windows 7 bootloader to the MBR" When i reboot I do get the windows boot menu but the options are for Windows 7 (which should be XP) and Microsoft Windows 7 as the second version. When I click on Windows 7 which should be XP it tells me that there is a problem and I need to install the windows xp repair disk, Doing this takes me right back to the same place. Now the Microsoft Windows 7 menu boots just fine into windows 7, but how do I fix it so I can move between XP and Windows 7. Cheers and thanks for the help!

TayHull:frowning:

When you add an entry for XP, remember to select XP from the dropdown system type.
It sounds like you just keep adding W7 entries.

Back