boot

enriser

Hi. I have the necessity to be able to use an external disk on my Lenovo x200. the reader of the disk has a connection Usb3 and would be me comfortable to use to exploit her/it of it the speed. The Lenovo has not handed Usb3 so I have installed in the Pci a card with 2 entrances Usb3. When however I try to serve the boot as the usb3 the system it goes in screened blue. How EasyBcd I am able settare for bootare from Pccard? thanks

Microsoft doesn't allow booting of Windows from an external device. That would make the OS portable and able to run on multiple PCs.

thank you for the answer.
If I put the usb jack into the usb 2 born with the Lenovo it works. Using the usb3 port in the Pci card it do not works.
Any solution?

I don't know, but I would guess that the PCI card needs drivers which are not present early enough to enable boot from any attached device.

This is a summary of the boot sequence.

1.After pressing the power button, the PC’s firmware initiates a Power-On Self Test (POST) and loads firmware settings. This pre-boot process ends when a valid system disk is detected.
2.Firmware reads the master boot record (MBR), and then starts Bootmgr.exe. Bootmgr.exe finds and starts the Windows loader (Winload.exe) on the Windows boot partition.
3.Essential drivers required to start the Windows kernel are loaded and the kernel starts to run, loading into memory the system registry hive and additional drivers that are marked as BOOT_START.
4.The kernel passes control to the session manager process (Smss.exe) which initializes the system session, and loads and starts the devices and drivers that are not marked BOOT_START.
5.Winlogon.exe starts, the user logon screen appears, the service control manager starts services, and any Group Policy scripts are run. When the user logs in, Windows creates a session for that user.
6.Explorer.exe starts, the system creates the desktop window manager (DWM) process, which initializes the desktop and displays it.

Back