Booting different partitions on same disk

Thanks for all your help and advice.

After a month and a half of frustration, I have now been able to achieve a task that I originally thought would take a couple of days.

FYI:

The problems re the 2 systems on C: and I: getting intermingled and mixed up, were because I was running the restore image software from within Windows C: as I restored/copied the backup C: image to I: When I ran a boot WinPE ISO DVD of the restore image software to copy the C: backup image to I:, it worked. Each system is now independent of each other and do not try to use the others files.

Most of the frustrations I had encountered were because whenever I tried to create or acquire a boot WinPE ISO DVD, I ran into numerous problems with whatever software I tried: Clonezilla, Macrium Reflect Free, Aeome, Easeus ToDo.. all gave numerous problems.

Luckily, EaseUS support were able to eventually give me a link to a WinPE boot ISO image that worked and I thank them for this. I had previously relied on Macrium Free, but Macrium no longer offer any support or contact for problems with their free edition, so those of you that use Macrium Reflect Free should bear this in mind. Trying to create Macrium Free or Pro WinPE ISO DVD was a nightmare.

P.S:

A thought for EasyBCD support that would improve new users opinions of your software.

EasyBCD 2.2 came out in 2012, i.e about 2 years ago. The problem re it using winload.exe instead of winload.efi for windows 7/8 has been there since then. Many novice users hit this problem every time, and looking thru this forum EasyBCD support has spent a lot of time responding to them regarding it.

Surely it makes a lot of sense to take 5 minutes to change 2 letters i.e exe to efi and relink a new version of EasyBCD and make it available to new users to prevent you guys having to go over and over again the same answers to the same problem.

Back