Booting from USB

• Thread starter Deleted member 152150
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 152150

Even if I get up enough nerve to try this, how does one boot from flash drive? This is my problem. I had SSD installed last week and after a few days got this charming window. Old HDD still works good so switched cables and am using that now. I don't know a thing about these things. Terrifies me to mess with some stuff. Especially BIOS. Please be patient with this old lady, who already had one stroke :smile:

edit: NEVER MIND! Forgot you have to buy ISO. Can't do it now. But, can I still please know answer to original question? Thanks!
Boot Error.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can still boot via your HDD, make yourself a repair disc
Control Panel > Backup and Restore > Create repair disc
Then use it as instructed above
boot it > Repair your Computer > Repair Startup
Do the above line three times

I did manage to get an ISO file downloaded from Microsoft. Copied it to flash drive. Switched from old HDD to new SSD. With flash in USB, I booted and got same screen as one above. I don't have any disks. What would be the actual kind/name of disk I would use? Like I said, new SSD worked great for a couple days but, I may have had a right click spaz (happens often). I was looking in services cuz he had used AOMEIBackupperStd to do the clone and it was running in task mgr. He said I had opened the .exe on the desktop but, I ain't stupid enough to open an .exe if I don't know what it is.

He was supposed to come by Monday to fix this (for another fee) but blew me off. It sounds to easy on the error. Just pop in the CD and away we go! Well shouldn't it work with the ISO on a flash as well? It's ok. It doesn't make any sense to me, either.
Thanks

Hold on. I did change AOMEI to manual in services instead of running. Would that cause this problem. He never explained anything about that program or why it was still running.

I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm doing. And can't afford help. Old HDD is still working fine. You can close this thread if you want to. I just can't figure this stuff out since I had my stroke. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help!

Back