Booting multiple winPE from USB stick

Rajatapaus

EasyBCD version 2.2 (freshly downloaded from neosmart.net)
USB filesystem: NTFS
My operating system: Windows 7

I keep getting this error when I boot (wont let me even select BCD boot options):

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
File: \Boot\BCD
Info: The windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid os entry."

Here is what I do:

I format my USB with HPusbformat utility. Then I put my winPE files straight to my USB stick. Then I open easyBCD, select "BCD Deployment", choose my USB partition, and press Install BCD. After I click "yes", go to "add new entry", select WinPE, locate the the .wim file, press Add Entry. Then I go to "Edit boot menu" click "wait for user selection" and then "Save Settings". I close easyBCD, put my USB stick to laptop, boot, and IT WORKS!

Yea, would be nice, if not what I wanted would be having multiple winPE:s...

So I put all the winPE files to folder called WINPE1 and put it to my USB stick (after format ofc), I do as I did above, and it works too! But here is where it gets funny... I put my other winPE folder there too (in the base USB directory), called WINPE2. The original WINPE1 doesent work anymore, and I get the error I told above. Yea, I actually just put the freaking folder in the stick, and didnt even touch EasyBCD or anything else. My mind cannot understand wtf is this.

Then I format, put the both folders, add winpe entries to both .wim files, and I get the damn same error!

Back