BootManager Problem.

Melita28

Hi this is my first Post so my apologies if I don't make sense!
I recently installed Win 7 Home Premium on a seperate hard Drive to my existing Win XP Drive to use as a dual boot system.
The installation was a success except that on booting the boot manager, which showed both o/s with Win 7 highlighted, I was unable
to make any choices with the up/down arrow keys.The only way I could make a choice was to boot in Win 7 then use EasyBCD to choose
the required o/s for a susequent boot before logging off. Any ideas as to why boot manager is not working. Many thanks.Anthony.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
This would be an issue with the BIOS not recognizing the keyboard. I am willing to bet that it is a USB Keyboard. You have to check in the BIOS to make sure that USB Legacy is enabled, if I remember correctly, and this should allow your keyboard to work during the boot process to select the OS of choice.

Melita28

Many thanks for your quick response Mak 2.0. I will check this and let you know the result. My apologies if I have not addressed you correctly.

Addendum:

Hi Mak 2.0,
I enabled the USB Legacy as you instructed and all is well. I really do appreciate your help.

Last edited: