Bootmgr and System Restore Probs

ok here's my problem

i hate posting stuff as a new member but i need help and looking at past posts you all seem friendly and helpful

I have a Hp dv6871

i get BOOTmgr is missing on startup i already bookmarked the Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

but i have no cd/dvd to put it on first i would simply like to know if i should use cd-r or cd-rw i will be going to radioshack tomorrow to get whatever i am told to get

i get an error when i was trying to system restore to default from f11 the lady at hp support was no help and only thought of promoting the recovery disks they have

trying to recover from the hard drive did not work at all

i don't mind losing all my information but i want to fix this problem and be able to use my laptop instead of having to try and use an old pc that barely has color

Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

if^^^^ would not be able to help me and please point me in the right direction

Last edited:
Hello Thomas, welcome to NST

Our recovery disc can be downloaded using the bit torrent file obtainable here, however, if startup repair, system restore, nor the manual recovery steps work you'll need a valid Vista disc that either came with your computer or that you'll need to purchase/borrow from a friend for reinstall. To burn our disc you should be using CD-Rs and ImgBurn.

ok.. so im getting a invalid switch thing when i try the manual repair im writing it in my command prompt like

del C:\boot\bcd bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

and it says invalid switch "rebuildbcd"

i think im typing it wrong somehow :'/

You need to run them as two separate commands:
del c:\boot\bcd

ENTER

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

ENTER

Back